The Acton Patterson House was built in 1807 by carpenter Samuel Davis on land owned by Captain Walker. The property was then purchased by Captain Nathaniel Lord as his temporary residence while the mansion was under construction. After Nathaniel passed, his grandson Tobias sold the house and it eventually ended up under the ownership of Captain Acton Patterson. His daughter Lydia married Nathaniel Lord’s son Daniel W. Lord, who was, by then, the owner of the Lord Mansion. Their daughter, Mary Lord, later owned the house. In the late twentieth century, the home was purchased as an annex for the Nathaniel Lord Mansion.
Acton Patterson House recalls the tradition of the 19th century “gentleman rusticator” with sturdy design, cozy plaids, distressed leather, and working fireplaces in each of its 4 bedrooms. With a private, intimate feel and plenty of spaces to gather, the Acton Patterson House is perfect for families and groups. The house features dining and living rooms with grand fireplaces, and a screened sun porch.